As a leading National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB) and Testing, Adjusting, and Balancing Bureau (TABB) -certified testing, adjusting, and balancing (TAB) firm, we’ve got extensive experience in the testing and repair of commercial and industrial HVAC and fire and life safety systems.
From multi-story office buildings and medical facilities to large-scale university campuses and government buildings, SCI can handle any project with exceptional quality and performance.
Our experienced professionals hold a wide variety of certifications and designations, allowing us to work in some of the most regulated, specialized facilities in Texas. Whether our clients need state and local regulatory compliance surveys or certification testing for biological safety cabinets, fume hoods, or other specialized laboratory equipment, we can assist them with specific solutions designed with the changing regulatory environment in mind.
We also pay particular attention to your fire systems so they will operate properly when needed. We take particular care with the maintenance and testing of fire and smoke dampers, stairwell pressurization systems and smoke control systems.
Certified Testing, Adjusting, and Balancing Services
- Air and hydronics systems
- Regulatory compliance testing
- Commissioning support
- Energy auditing support
- Mechanical repair services
Fire and Life Safety Systems Testing and Service
- Fire damper inspection and function testing
- Smoke controls systems function testing
- Stair pressurization systems function testing
- Smoke removal systems function testing
- Mechanical repair services for all systems
- Backed by complete mechanical services capabilities
- Detailed knowledge of Texas and Houston-specific state and local codes and standards
- All work performed under strict engineering supervision
- Involved in consulting for regulatory code updates and revisions
A single-source solution
What sets SCI apart from our competitors is our ability to fix or repair whatever we uncover during the TAB, FLS (fire and life safety) Systems Testing, and Certification Testing process. If we find system performance or other problems, we can make recommendations, perform the work, and help you commission, re-commission, certify, and maintain your equipment.
A subsidiary of Gowan, Inc.
SCI is a subsidiary of Gowan, Inc., Houston’s largest single-source provider of premier construction, tenant build-out, fabrication, and mechanical services. No matter what need arises from the TAB process, SCI has the resources, manpower, and expertise to handle the work quickly and efficiently.